17.11.11

Promises don't pay cash at the bank.






Most of my DIY projects evolve over the span of a year. For instance, this top. It started out ad an ordinary men's black t-shirt that my brother gave me. Next, I slashed the hems at the next and arms off. Eventually I got bored of that and decided to try bleach staining it. It used to say "You Only Live Once"(see corresponding Strokes song and video here). It stayed like this for a little while, until, this morning, I  found it and decided to fringe it. I am in love!




Hat - Made by my Grandmother
Blazer, shorts and boots - Thrifted
Top - DIY
Slouchy Socks - Ardene
Rings - Vintage and Ardene

It finally snowed here! My friend and I ran outside and frolicked and for a moment it was really awesome, but I quickly realized how cold and miserable it was. Every year I forget how cold our winters really are(hi, I live in and Canada it's really freaking cold). I'm in my house drinking tea, wearing my pyjamas plus a sweater, beanie and thermal socks.

How was your day? Are you freezing your bum off?

22 comments:

  1. That`s the same way I am with my DIY projects! Love the tee and everything else of course!

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is all kinds of awesome!! amazing

    www.bettylafleur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh snow how exciting!! I love your blazer it is soo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude. I feel like we could totally be related (in a non-creepy way!). But seriously you remind me of me a few years ago, except you have WAY better taste than I did back then. I can't wait to follow you and see what's next in store!

    x. jill
    those ghosts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love this!!!! Already hype it in lookbook as well!!

    www.fashionindahat.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is lovely - you look stunning. I'm in love with the blazer!
    Thanks so much for your kind comment, you are way too kind! And you don't sounds creepy haha, it's a lovely compliment :)
    Love your blog, following you via bloglovin now
    LUAR

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have such a unique look, i love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was boiling today, 33 degrees celcius! i like your top and your coat
    Carla
    redpunzel-carla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful!.. You look so great with your outfit!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great outfit. You look amazing :)




    White Honeyr

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is so nice! You look very pretty! Love your nailpolish! I'm so in love with you shoes!


    You can still join our shabby apple giveaway 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to say that you have great style! I've just looked through a few of your posts and there's a great diversity in your outfits, and they all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That shirt is so bad ass!! I love how it has 'evolved'! It looks like it is in its final phase...but maybe you could also braid the frays? hehe But it looks amazing with your jeans/tights combo, and your rings are AWESOME!

    Oh, and its so rad that your beanie is made by your grandma! It looks terrific with your hair, love!

    Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anything with a strokes quote is a great piece... hahah i sound like a gropie, but wtf..great tee ;)

    xx
    Cecily

    ReplyDelete
  15. love ur posts n the post's titles too!!!
    how abt we follow each other. i wud love to follow urs!!
    more2mystylediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank u so much for your comment !
    You're soooo cute !
    xo Noémie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving the colors of this entire outfit! The blazer looks perfect *_*

    Oh, and I wish it snowed here too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that jacket really is something. It is so amazing!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. WoohoooO! I LOVE THESE PHOTOS. They are fuhiiierrrce. And whattt? I can't believe it's snowing already! I'm dreading the day! I'm cherishing the fall weather right no, foshzizzleeee.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I appreciate them and they make me smile!

share