1.1.12

Every Second Counts







Wearing: dress- c/o Shoppalu; sweater, purse and boots-thrifted; necklace-gift; rings- Aldo, Sears and mom's

This sheer maxi dress, given to me by Shoppalu, has got to be one of the toughest pieces I've ever styled.  I was stumped for the longest time, but I finally decided to google "sheer maxi dress" to find some inspiration. I stumbled upon a few images of model, Abbey Lee Kershaw, and decided that layering was the way to go.

I love her wacky eclectic style. For more Abbey Lee, check out this Tumbleog devoted to her, fyabbeyleekershaw.tumblr.com!

How would you style a sheer dress or skirt? Let me know with a comment!

10 comments:

  1. Great style interpretation! I love the skirt, and I always find maxis more difficult to style too. I love the print on it though. Lovely look :) and sweet boots!

    www.themoptop.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think layering is the way to go, and you did a great job :)
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I can't agree with you more on layering sheer maxis. I was literally planning to wear one of my own yesterday but changed outfit plans last minute. I would wear opaque tights under it and either a vintage tee or some sort of lace on top (which is what I plan on doing) :)
    You look beautiful, as always :)
    -Angelina
    www.angelinlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! love how the dress looks in her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. match sheer dress with knitwear, this is a great outfit! i also think it gonna suit faux fur waistcoat or denim top!



    =======
    From http://www.checkmyfashion.com/
    An Online Wardrobe for worldwide Fashion Lovers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outfits you put together! And your hair is really lovely too. I wouldn't wear a skirt like this because I'm way too clumsy, you look gorgeous though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous outfit! That skirt can be really tricky to style, but I love the way you styled it. I find abbey's style really inspiring as well. :)
    eglesstylediary.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photos and I love your style.

    Great blog!

    xoxo
    Love
    http://lovethefashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore a good oversized knit with a longer skirt. Love.

    XX,
    Miranda

    Ps- Thanks for stopping by, I am now following you via Bloglovin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gtta love your sweater. cutest ever!


    *thanks for your comment

    http://sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I appreciate them and they make me smile!

share