29.2.12

Introducing: Boticca

Boticca is a wonderfully unique online marketplace offering jewellery, bags and accessories with a "meaningful story." Their team scours the globe for emerging designers, focusing on distinct, high quality goods. Here are some of my favourite pieces from the site:


1. There is something so beautifully creepy about this baby ring by Selda Okutan, from Turkey. I love how serene its face looks and it fits right in with my latest ring moto: "The bigger and silver-er, the better."

2. I am head over [platform] heels in love with ear cuffs AND spikes, so this silver spike ear cuff by Estonian designer Anni Jürgenson is like a dream come true.

3. Another thing I am in love with at the moment is anything involving eyes (I found an amazing eye-print blouse at Goodwill today, which I will be featuring ASAP) so naturally having an eye on my arm would be pretty great. These eye bangles by Lebanese brand, MOJO, come in multiple colours and can apparently ward off spirits!

4. I am in love with this hand woven, brass studded bag by London designer, Danielle Foster. It's made of vegetable tanned leather, treated with a natural process and is made to order. I think it would add just the right amount of badass to any outfit.

5. I am obsessed with this lovely flower crown by Bundle MacLaren Milinery, from London. It's sheer ethereality makes me think of the movie The Virgin Suicides. I think it would be perfect with a long, white lace dress and a smear of red lipstick (à la Courtney Love). If you're at all crafty (or a little broke), you might enjoy the Crown of Love DIY over at Rookie Mag.

6. This quirky gold and bronze clutch, by London brand, Kzeniya, reminds me of the iridescence of the shell of a beetle. It also comes in a similarly amazing, but significantly less beetle-like black and silver hologram print, as well.

I hope you all liked my picks! I'd love to know what some of yours are. Let me know with a comment if you'd like!

9 comments:

  1. waahaaa! these are coooool. especially the ear cuffffffff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I love it! Loove your looks! Following you!


    xoxo
    Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby ring is so creepy that I kinda like it too... and I really love that crown! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that creepy and weird baby ring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that earring!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ear cuff and that floral crown are awesome!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, that baby ring is so freaking creepy! Kind of awesome though.

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I appreciate them and they make me smile!

share